Search for free intro talks, course dates, and yoga studio workshops.
- This event has passed.
Essence of Meditation – BLiSS Yoga
November 13, 2016 @ 9:30 am - 5:00 pm
Sunday, November 13th!
Time: 9:30pm to 5:00pm
BLiSS Yoga, 119 Dunlop St. East, Barrie, ON L4M 1A6
Tuition: only $200
Register directly by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
or click here
For questions, email: email@example.com
The Essence of Meditation
Although we have heard of the inner peace that meditation promises to deliver, few of us have experienced it to any significant degree. The question is why? The Mahāsāra School of Meditation teaches a practice system that is simple yet extremely powerful, and which is more subtle than just learning how to watch our breath or our thoughts. Drawing from the deep wells of Tantric and Vedantic wisdom, you will learn how to bypass common obstacles and rest in the blissful expanse of awareness that is your true nature.
In this powerful one-day course, we’ll receive profound teachings that’ll grant us access to our own inner awareness. Throughout the course, we’ll progress through a series of highly nuanced and targeted practices that’ll enable us to easily sidestep obstacles and attain deep states of awareness.
Andres has developed a perfect fusion of Tantric and Vedantic methods, informed by his more than twenty years of meditation practice and scriptural studies. It’s a “best of both worlds” approach, thoughtfully incorporating elements from India’s most important yogic traditions and distilling them into a simple yet powerful meditation praxis.
Through the practical knowledge gained in Mahāsāra Meditation, you will progressively deepen your experience of the bliss, peace, and exalted awareness that is your true nature.
Mahāsāra Meditation is accessible to everyone. No prior studies, experience, or affiliation to any religion, philosophy, or lineage is necessary to learn how to meditate. Beginner meditators will learn how to practice from the “ground up.” Experienced meditators will benefit by receiving profound teachings that will allow them to refine, reorient, and deepen their practice.
During the Essence of Meditation course, you will learn how to:
- Establish a strong conceptual foundation that will allow your meditation to significantly deepen
- Establish the right bhava (feeling) that will allow your meditation to become heartfelt and expansive
- Work with thoughts in a positive and non-combative way
- Understand the difference between concentrative and so-called effortless approaches to meditation
- Understand the difference between guided meditations/visualizations and meditation proper
- Properly repeat a mantra
- Meditate without a mantra, if that is your preference
- Employ powerful dharanas (short contemplations) at the start of your meditation session to enable the mind to become profoundly still
- Understand the secret behind the power of attention
- Determine what the proper target of meditation should be
- Set up an effective meditation space
- Establish proper posture, alignment, and breath
- Manage physical pains and discomforts while you are meditating
- Integrate your formal meditation session with the rest of your daily life
- Overcome perceived “dry-spells” and the feeling of lack of progress
- Avoid common hindrances that can adversely affect your meditation practice and more
I invite you to transform your life through the sublime practice of meditation.